[Zope] zope da's

George Runyan grunyan@emerging.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:46:46 -0600

I have a few quick questions:

why does zope use specific DA's instead of a common bridge like JDBC? I was
apart of a web logic presentation a few weeks ago and alot of the developers
liked the fact that a) they rewrote the socket/rmi api (it multiplexes n
requests over a single socket), b) jdbc (of course!) exists and we could
'move this from platform to platform' and not break anything, c) scalability
and clustering methods (they use master/slave stubs) which seems to be much
more complex than ZEO- but it load balances at the service layer.  any
comments?

but I am interested in the jdbc vs. custom built DA's

george runyan		grunyan@emerging.com