[Zope] (newbie)-Anyone Please Help me

ozric ozric@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:49:23 -0500

  I have Been testing out Zope for possible use at work and I am really stuck.
I have a simple dtml method called userid that gets REMOTE_ADDR and stuff.
I set up a test_html page and put in it <dtml-var userid>.  This works great.
now I make a folder called methods with a user interface and acl.
I put the useid method into the methods folder. I go back to the root
folder and view test_html and it can't find the userid method anymore.
So I try <dtml-var methods.userid> and that does not work.  What am I
doing wrong?  Have I missed something basic. I thought that Zope would
"traverse" the folders and find the <dtml-var>.  I can do a find in Zope
and find it in /methods/userid, Do I need to do something different to call
the method ?

					Please Help
					   Rick
result in a suit for a MINIMUM of $500 damage per incident.