[Zope] (newbie)-Anyone Please Help me

Li Dongfeng mavip5@inet.polyu.edu.hk
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:40:25 +0800

ozric wrote:

>   I have Been testing out Zope for possible use at work and I am really stuck.
> I have a simple dtml method called userid that gets REMOTE_ADDR and stuff.
> I set up a test_html page and put in it <dtml-var userid>.  This works great.
> now I make a folder called methods with a user interface and acl.
> I put the useid method into the methods folder. I go back to the root
> folder and view test_html and it can't find the userid method anymore.
> So I try <dtml-var methods.userid> and that does not work.  What am I

Should be <dtml-var "methods.userid">.
When you are not using a single name,
you must treat it as an expression and put it in
quotation.

> doing wrong?  Have I missed something basic. I thought that Zope would
> "traverse" the folders and find the <dtml-var>.  I can do a find in Zope

Zope's acquisition can acquire objects in parent folders,
but not in sub folders, so you cannot simply use ``userid''
to access your method in a sub folder from you root
directory.