[Zope] [Q] My own editor?

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
16 Dec 1999 10:31:14 -0600

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@uwm.edu> writes:

> All unsatisfactory.
> Using Zope looses you a lot of advantages you already have in your
> working environment. Like the unix tools box (if you are using Unix,
> that is), including syntax highlighting editors, version control,
> special script tools like find. In that respect it is not, what I was
> hoping it is.

I was under the impression that Zope includes a built-in FTP server.
Haven't tried it myself.  But, as Emacs has transparent support for
editing by FTP, you should still be able to use all your traditional
Emacs tools -- PLUS, with a bit of conniving, use CVS with Emacs'
built-in vc support.

Also aren't there are few plugins or something that will store the
Zope objects in a standard filesystem instead of the single database
file?  I have no idea what it uses as the representation for these
objects, however it might be worth your time to investigate and see if
they are stored in plain text native form.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
  via Remote