[Zope] Acquisition problem - please help

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:29:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Dave Parker wrote:

> And I do http://host/first/second/third/fourth/fifth
>
> What value of X would a method M see? The value first set or the value
> third set?

It depends what kind of method M is (I suppose it can be called
inconsistency but it is actually a feature).

DTML Methods and I believe External Methods behave different under
Acquisition than the rest of the of the Zope objects. They are in effect
'attached' to their immediate Parent object in the Acquisition path. Other
object, for instance DTML Documents are 'attached' to Object in which they
are defined.

Is method M a DTML method?

Pavlos