[Zope] SiteAccess and virtualizing FTP access to a virtual hosted site

Ian Blenke icblenke@2c2.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:59:34 -0500

SiteAccess works wonderfully for virtual web hosting with ZServer.

(Kudos Evan!)

As FTP doesn't have the necessary headers/handshake to distinguish

"virtual named sites" as HTTP/1.1 does, there are only two other

methods to accomplish this: IP bound virtual hosting and user-bound

"default folders" with appropriate security to lock them into that

'jail'.

The goal here is to allow users to FTP *only* into their virtually

hosted websites. Ideally, I don't want them to see the rest of the

ZODB heirarchy. The more transparent this is to the user, the

better.

Is there any hope of virtualizing FTP access to these same virtual

web sites? Tagging Zope users with a "starting folder" for FTP is

what I'm looking for barring the ability to do IP bound virtual

hosting with ZServer.

Thanks!

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@2c2.com>