[Zope] Linux/Redhat advice : RPMs vs Src for Zope development ?

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:22:02 -0500

hi chas,

from my own experience using RH 5.2, 6.0 and 6.1 i came up with a
combination of

- MySQL RPMs
- Python 1.5.2 RPMs (these are now part of RH 6.1 out of the box btw)
- Zope src.tgz

oracle comes in its own installer format AFAIK so the question doesn't
really apply. it is tricky whichever way you choose ;)

i haven't used PostGreSQL yet so i can't say anything about it.

one warning: it seems that the very latest MySQL doesn't play nice with the
MySQL adapters, i have 3.22.23b and it works flawlessly using just ZMySQLDA
without the additional MySQL adapter packages that seem to have cropped up
lately.

jens