[Zope] Error?

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:18:57 -0600

"Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be> wrote:

> mmm, I don't know if this will help me. The code I showed, is used
> in a ZClass.
>
> I still get this error of : Invalid Date-Time String
>
> How do I have to convert the result of the ZopeTime() function so
> that it can be placed in a property of type 'Date'?

The earlier reply (suggesting manage_changeProperties()) works if you are trying
to set the actual property value from a DTML method.  However, I believe this
error comes when trying to marshal a form field, in your case probably defined
as:

  <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Date:date">

These fields need string representations in them, so that the marshalling code
can convert them to dates when the form is POSTed.  If you want to provide a
default or hidden value, try this:

  <dtml-let timestamp="ZopeTime().DateTime()">
    <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Date:date" VALUE="&dtml-timestamp;">
  </dtml-let?

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com