[Zope] about the new site design

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 11:46:30 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Everitt" <paul@digicool.com>
To: "chris abraham" <chris@memes.org>
Cc: <webmaster@zope.org>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 1999 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] about the new site design

> Question: do you think we should have a knob available for members that
> lets them toggle the home page between old style and new style?

That's one option, but I think I would still advocate creating a
"dev.zope.org". To start with, they can be almost the same (dev would have
the news as the main front door).

www.zope.org would include marketing materials, high level information about
projects that are underway, maybe highlight some Zope based sites.
Press-release type news can be on here.

dev.zope.org would include developer-specific news, documentation, Products,
link to CVS, etc.

I think this arrangement provides a way for people to quickly navigate to
what they want. (dev.zope.org could, of course, be www.zope.org/dev or some
such).

Since www.zope.org and dev.zope.org would have different target audiences,
this kind of separation allows complete freedom in creating navigation for
the different groups.

Kevin