[Zope] ZDiscussions

Kyle Burnett kburnett@ep.newtimes.com
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:33:34 -0700

so has anyone had a problem with the default properites available in
zdiscusions? more specifically, the names of the default properties?

my problems is this: in zdiscussions you have a property "author." but title
does not have the some meaning as it does for me throughout the rest of our
site.

in the case of zdiscussions it really is the author for the thread. but
throughout rest of the site it is the author of the story - and in this
case, the story that is cause for the thread. so now i have two "author"s on
the same page. one for the story and one for the thread.

so it would make more sense for it, and the other properties, to be called
something more inline with how i will use them.

is this something i can change without cause a whole lot of grief come
upgrade time?

thanks for any help (or links to docs that would help me out),
kyle
http://www.newtimes.com?zope