[Zope] MySQL?

Art Hampton arth@pacsg.css.mot.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:46:27 -0600

Don Undeen wrote:
[snip]
> I've seen a
> couple different modules that say "MySQL (or mySQL)," and I don't know
> what modules I need, or how they have to be set up to talk to a MySQL
> server on another machine.
> Are there folks out there writing tutorials for just this sort of thing?

http://www.zope.org/Members/alanpog/zmysqlda_steps
This is what we used to get MySQL integration working.
One note: step 5 as written didn't work for us, we put a space between
the -p and the 1 and everything was happy after that.

[snip]
> BTW- I kinda like my php pages, is there a way to integarate them with
> the Zope system? That would be killer.

That's one of the reasons I'm going to be journeying down the road of
Apache and Zope integration.  kedai recently put this together, and it's
what I'm reading right now:
http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai/apache_zope_fcgi

I'm really still trying to figure out if I want to try mod_pcgi2 or
mod_fastcgi (reference my question of last night and its responses on
this list).

I hope this was helpful.