[Zope] Adding an object programmatically

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:16:35 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Wittams
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 10:23 AM
Subject: [Zope] Adding an object programmatically

> I am probably just confused, so could someone put me out of my misery
> and tell me how to add a DTML method to a ZClass in its add method.
> The ZClass is a subclass of Object manager.

<dtml-call "manage_addDTMLMethod('id', 'title', 'contents')">

> PS. I had a look at python methods, which seem a lot easier to use if you
know python. However, I didn't seem to be able to assign  to *any* lists or
dictionaries. Is this to preserve persistance or something else?

I believe it is a security thing, but I really don't know what behavior it
protects us from... Personally, I'd love to be able to do lists and
dictionaries in PythonMethods...

Kevin