[Zope] streamed output and internet explorer

Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:13:37 -0800

--------------655DB6EAF8C90D2A15099749

I'm trying to do streamed output as opposed to returning a string for my
published method, e.g.:
def somemethod(self, RESPONSE=None):
  """blahblah"""
  RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type', 'text/html')
  RESPONSE.write('<HTML><BODY>hello</BODY></HTML>')
  return ''

This works fine under netscape, however, under internet explorer v5 (and
i think v4), it returns blank.  I would love to say "internet explorer
sucks...use netscape", but that's not a very constructive attitude.

I assumed the problem was a missing content-length header, so i inserted
a RESPONSE.setHeader with the length of the body.  However, the
HTTPResponse object seems to remove this header, so it never gets
transmitted to the browser.

So, my question is, "Is ZPublisher's streamed output supported with
Internet Explorer browsers?"

btw, i'm only using the bare bones zope modules, ie ZPublisher.

--------------655DB6EAF8C90D2A15099749

<tt>I'm trying to do streamed output as opposed to returning a string for
my published method, e.g.:</tt>
v5 (and i think v4), it returns blank.&nbsp; I would love to say "internet
inserted a RESPONSE.setHeader with the length of the body.&nbsp; However,