[Zope] Adding an object programmatically

Robert Wittams roblists@conspiracy.nu
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:54:53 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Wittams
To: <a href="mailto:zope@zope.org">zope@zope.org</a>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 10:23 AM
Subject: [Zope] Adding an object programmatically

&gt; I am probably just confused, so could someone put me out of my misery
&gt; and tell me how to add a DTML method to a ZClass in its add method.
&gt; The ZClass is a subclass of Object manager.

</pre>
&gt; PS. I had a look at python methods, which seem a lot easier to use if you
know python. However, I didn't seem to be able to assign  to <strong class=txt_star>*any*</strong> lists or
dictionaries. Is this to preserve persistance or something else?

I believe it is a security thing, but I really don't know what behavior it
protects us from... Personally, I'd love to be able to do lists and
dictionaries in PythonMethods...</pre>

Kevin