[Zope] Re: E-TML ??

Andrey V Khavryutchenko akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua
30 Dec 1999 23:37:04 +0200

Hi, Jason!

JC> Hello 1. I want to be able to email dtml directly to some zopesites and
JC> have them accept my email, parse the headers/message body so that DMTL
JC> autmoatically will be uploaded, and/or overwritten, all without any
JC> need to manually ever go near a web browser.

JC> 2. To be able to send email to make various 'calls' to the site..

1&2 look rather easy to implement:

  Something like procmail to take email and run script on it.  That script
would parse email, take the body and either put it as dtml code or use as
xml-rpc call or do something other

JC> 3. To have a bunch of Zopesites tuned to a special zopista newsgroup.
JC> Posting to the newsgroup would allow timestamped threaded data/messages
JC> to be parsed in correct order.

Sorry, don't get that.  Can you explain further?

[...]

JC> Am I crazy - is this a montrous idea representing a huge amountof work?
JC> Or is this somthign which could in fact be simply implremented, its
JC> power coming from the emergent positive effects of multiple sites and
JC> use over time?

Depends on the level of intelligence you want to put in the code, parsing
emails.   The simplest case might be implemented in a day.

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko  http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr
Software & SPI Engineer      Visit my site

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.