[Zope] Re: E-TML ??

Andrey V Khavryutchenko akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua
31 Dec 1999 20:11:09 +0200

JC> At 11:37 PM 12/30/99 +0200, you wrote:
>> Hi, Jason!

JC> Hello 1. I want to be able to email dtml directly to some zopesites and
JC> have them accept my email, parse the headers/message body so that DMTL
JC> autmoatically will be uploaded, and/or overwritten, all without any
JC> need to manually ever go near a web browser.
>>
JC> 2. To be able to send email to make various 'calls' to the site..
>>  1&2 look rather easy to implement:
>>
>> Something like procmail to take email and run script on it.  That script
>> would parse email, take the body and either put it as dtml code or use
>> as xml-rpc call or do something other

JC> Good.  Can you think of a way to make the set up and installation of
JC> this basic mechanism as simple as possible?

The full suite highly depends on the way, a system handles mail.  The thing
that varies is the program that takes email one by one and, if some
criteria fulfills, streams into stdin of the script.  On unix box I would
do that using 'procmail'.  The script may be based on the example, given in
XML-RPC HowTo.

Aha, just've got the idea of how it might be done using Zope only.

This would require product, that grabs mail from either local fs mailbox,
pop or imap account (or any other source) and POST's (via http) email
message to the prescribed Zope method.  This method would do anything it
wants with the message: stores it as dtml, uses it as xml-rpc call or pipes
directly into /dev/null ;)

JC> 3. To have a bunch of Zopesites tuned to a special zopista newsgroup.
JC> Posting to the newsgroup would allow timestamped threaded data/messages
JC> to be parsed in correct order.
>>  Sorry, don't get that.  Can you explain further?

JC> OK...  1. generate a 'zope_radio' newsgroup or family of newsgroups
JC> designed to carry several types of messages..

[...]

JC> I hope this makes some sense.

OK, I see.  Will think how this may be used.

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko  http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr
Software & SPI Engineer      Visit my site

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.