[Zope] Newbie DTML question

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:44:00 -0800

Hi again,

Is it possible to create a variable under DTML and assign it a value?

I can figure out how to assign the properties of a document or folder, but
I cannot figure out how to assign a value to a one-off variable that I need
temporarily.

I have messed around with _.namespace(), but nothing I do there seems to
work correctly.

Also, it seems that it is possible to create an indirect variable when
doing forms processing e.g.,

          <B><!--#var Category--></B>
          <select name=<!--#var Category--> size=1>
            <!--#in "PriceTable(PriceGroup=_['Category'])"-->
              <option><!--#var Description-->
            <!--#/in-->
          </select>

As far as I can tell I'm creating a select box named with whatever happens
to be stored in Category at the moment. However, I can't seem to access the
contents of the indirect variable.

Any light that can be shed would be greatly appreciated.
--
Stand Fast,
	tjg.

This message may be digitally signed with PGP. A PGP signature
guarantees that this message really did come from me. For more
information regarding digital signatures and encryption, please
contact me.