[Zope] Method Context Control

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 11:44:14 -0800

How can I control the context within which the various built in methods
execute?

For example, I am using a tree tag in a document method to display
subfolders in my global navigation. However, when this method is
acquired by a subfolder, its context changes and it only lists the
subfolders of the current folder. I want to force this method to execute
within its original context in order to display the entire site
structure regardless of the page being viewed.

If this is not currently possible, I would like to suggest that a
'context' attribute be added to <!-- #var -->, with the default being
'context=here' (the current behaviour) and an additional value of
'context=self' or perhaps 'context=origin' being made available.

Another possible value for a 'context' attribute might be
'context=parent' to move the context up one level in the hierarchy.

What do you all think?

Michael.

P.S. I do not yet have the programming ability to accomplish this... so
I cannot submit a patch.