[Zope] Bobo/realm? [resolved]

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:21:55 -0800 (PST)

I figured out why the realm wasn't being set. It turns out that if you
raise an 'Unauthorized' exception in your custom validation method, it
skips the code that adds the realm to the http header info in
cgi_module_publisher (bobo) or ZPublisher.Publish (zope).

The solution was to change the 'raise "Unauthorized"' to 'return None'.

I originally used the Unauthorized exception as it seemed a way to
shortcut bobo from looking up the containment hierarchy for other user
databases.

Just thought I'd pass the solution along to complete the thread. :)

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@taos.kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."