[Zope] Zope in Virtual Host on ISP

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 07:43:01 -0600

Chris Larson wrote:
| After fixing this little gem, I deleted everything and started over. Now
| I'm getting the following when I execute Zope.cgi from the command line
| (NOTE: The '--deleted-path--' is my own editing after the fact:

| <head>
| <title>exceptions.KeyError</title>
| </head>
|  -- [SNIP] --
| line 175, in __init__
| KeyError: SCRIPT_NAME

The key error on SCRIPT_NAME is to be expected if you run
Zope from the command line.  Your web server is providing
SCRIPT_NAME as a cgi variable, which ZPublisher expects to
use.  I'm sure you're aware that fixing things in your .login/.cshrc
files will make it easier to run some tests, but has no effect on
how the web server views your environment.  This will only be
determined by the Apache directives and overridden by
directives in Zope.cgi.

Regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.