[Zope] Zope and FastCGI

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 13:26:39 -0500

At 10:33 AM 2/4/99 -0600, Clint Shelby McCulloch wrote:

>Any clues as to what would it take to get Zope to work with the apache
>fastCGI module?

I'm running a production Zope application (albeit a small one) on FastCGI
right now.  I just added a lockfile (to prevent multiple process
instantiation).  I'm using cgi-fcgi as a CGI-to-FastCGI gateway, rather
than mod_fcgi, but the result is the same.

I hope in the next few days to tackle a multithreaded, 100% Python FastCGI
front-end for ZPublisher.  When it works, I'll share code, as I'd like to
see it get back into Zope the way my CGI front-end code did.  :)