[Zope] PrincipiaTime with MS-Access ODBC data

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:10:29 -0400

I have an Access database that I get to via ODBC. One of the columns
is type "Date/Time".

I want to see if a record is "recent", as in the previous 7 days.

I've tried various things, where DocumentTime is the Date/Time field
type...

<!--#if "PrincipiaTime() - PrincipiaTime(DocumentTime) < 7"-->

and

<!--#if "PrincipiaTime(DocumentTime+7).isFuture()"-->

But I keep getting this error:

Error type:
 Error value: __mul__ nor __rmul__ defined for these operands

  File E:\Program
Files\ZopeOne\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line 268, in
eval
    (Object: PrincipiaTime(DocumentDate))
  File &lt;string&gt;, line 0, in ?
  File E:\Program Files\ZopeOne\lib\python\OFS\Application.py, line
283, in PrincipiaTime
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File E:\Program Files\ZopeOne\lib\python\DateTime\DateTime.py, line
506, in __init__
TypeError: (see above)

(the above trace is from a simple #if "PrincipiaTime(DocumentTime)"

Any suggestions?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836