[Zope] Zope and FastCGI

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 09:37:45 -0600

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> And finally, it'd be nice to have that PCGI example to look at first before
> tackling a ZServer publishing protocol.  :)

One goal, I suppose, would be to have all LRP mechanisms editable
from a single Zope.cgi file.  This would permit the user to adopt
whatever is most convenient for their circumstances, e.g.

  1) direct ZServer
  2) direct PCGI
  3) direct FCGI  (either cgi-fcgi, or mod_fcgi)
  4) ZServer + PCGI | FCGI

That being the case, we could work out a set of directlves
for Zope.cgi that would be common to both approachs.
Amos already has ZServer ignore specific PCGI directives
that don't apply to Medusa.  This assumes that FCGI
uses (or will use) Zope.cgi.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.