[Zope] Confera question, and calling sub documents of a peer folder

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:52:04 -0400

Two questions:

1. Will Confera be included in the Zope release at some point in the
future? Is it available as a pre-release now? Is there a list of pre-release
items available? I noticed the UserDb pre-release and that got me
thinking. I really could use Confera

2. My root folder is getting rather jammed full of stuff, so I moved a
database lookup and two formatting documents to a sub folder called
'Documents'

From another subfolder 'Airports', I want to "call"
Documents.DocumentList

DocumentList (a document) does an <!--#in DocumentLookup--> to
return some data that is formatted by Documents.DocumentFormat.

The problem is that, regardless of where DocumentLookup is located
(either in Documents folder or in /), the lookup returns false (no entries)
when Document.DocumentList() is called from another folder.

Specifically,

Airports/index_html does this:

<!--#var "Documents.DocumentList()"-->

And in Documents.DocumentList, I have

<!--#if DocumentLookup-->

<!--#else-->

Search returned no results

<!--#endif-->

I always get "No results" when loading Airports/index_html, but it does
return results if I load Documents/DocumentList from my browser.

This happens even if DocumentLookup is located in /

Is it possible to "call" documents in peer folders this way? If so, what is
the correct syntax?, or is this a bug?

ps.

<!--#var "Documents.DocumentList"--> returns the DTML, which makes
sense.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836