[Zope] Still having problems !

Richard Cramer rcramer@sytex.net
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:46:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello to the list,

Still have a problem trying to make Zope run.  Specifically, HTTPServer is
running OK, but if you go to the "manage" page, "sorry, serious application
error" is displayed in both frames.

I am using Python 1.5.1.  Everything including the tk/tcl was built from
scratch using the ports on FreeBSD v2.2.8.  I have a Linux Redhat machine
available to me where it was already loaded.  Everything seems to be the
same...  I even make the var directory and access file permissions the
same, but no joy.

When you "edit frame set" under Netscape 4.5 the message is "management
interfaces require a frame-capable browser".  When I however point it a
the Linux implementation it works perfectly.  The linux implementation
has an additional directory, python1.5, under lib where the FreeBSD port
does not. The additional difference was that Linux implementation was under
/usr/local/ where on the FreeBSD machine I installed in my directory.

I would certainly welcome some pointer or suggestions from somebody that
has gone thru this.

TIA
Dick
--
Richard Cramer	rcramer@sytex.net		Phone: 703-425-2515
  SytexNet(tm) Sytex Access Ltd. POB 2385, Fairfax, VA 22031-0385