[Zope] Zope on LinuxPPC

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:07:19 -0500

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am about to install LinuxPPC on my Mac at home.
>
> Has anyone here ported or compiled Zope for LinuxPPC?

I cannot forsee any problems.  You may be the first.  If so,
please let us know in detail of your experience.

> There is also a discussion on the LinuxPPC mailing list about reorganizing
> the LinuxPPC.org website to allow for greater community involvement and to
> be a portal for LinuxPPC users.

Well then I suggest if you have any influence in that area to convince them
to use Zope. ;)  You dropped the magic new inter-techie-buzzword, portal.
It's been flying around the office here for a couple weeks now.  I think it's
time to (once again) get a list discussion on it.  Ken has come up with
the name 'Zone ' for a portal product.  There could be many possible
acronym expansions, including recursive ones.  A random quote here in
the office is that Zone should 'smoke slashdot'.  But paul also mentioned
that we should support a couple different models of news-item like
objects; shashdot is like a high speed feed of posts off the wire, we also
want
to support a more formal setup.

-Michel