[Zope] Still having problems !

Richard Cramer rcramer@sytex.net
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 22:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Michele,

Thankyou so very much for responding! I feel like an idiot putting out such
a trival problem.  Anyway, let try to be more specific as to what is
happening.

I have built Zope on a FreeBSD v2.2.8 system using the source tarball.

Building tk/tcl8.0.2 and Python1.5.1 all seemed to go smoothly.

I have a Linux system RH5.2 available to me that already has Zope built and
installed.

I have browsers Netscape 4.5 on both FreeBSD and NT, and IE4.01 on NT.

Both browsers behave exactly the same depending on tarket.  On the linux
system and pointing at the  :9673/manage both browsers work find.  On the
FreeBSD system both return errors: "Sorry, a error has occurred".  The HTML
for both frames is:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Zope</TITLE>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
<!--
function update_menu()
{   window.manage_menu.location.href=window.manage_menu.location.href;
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET COLS="150,*">
  <FRAME SRC="http://205.147.190.141:9673/manage_menu" NAME="manage_menu"
   MARGINWIDTH="2" MARGINHEIGHT="2" SCROLLING="auto">
  <FRAME SRC="http://205.147.190.141:9673/manage_main" NAME="manage_main"
   MARGINWIDTH="2" MARGINHEIGHT="0" SCROLLING="auto">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>
Management interfaces require the use of a <B>frames-capable</B> web browser.
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

end of HTML:

If you just point to Zope without the /manage the Welcome message appears.

Hope this helps... I am sure this is a simple oversight on my part, but I
am missing it somehow.

Also as I indicated below, under the lib directory ther is an additional
Python1.5 subdirectory on the Linux system.

Thanks in advance,
Dick

> Richard Cramer wrote:
>
> > Hello to the list,
> >
> > Still have a problem trying to make Zope run.  Specifically, HTTPServer is
> > running OK, but if you go to the "manage" page, "sorry, serious application
> > error" is displayed in both frames.
>
> Embedded in the error page is a traceback.  Can you view the

> HTML source and send both to the list?

          See above.  Dick