[Zope] zope on mklinux installation problems

ben moretti benmoretti@hotmail.com
Sun, 07 Feb 1999 21:52:42 PST

Howdy,

I've installed Zope on mkLinux running on a PowerMac 8500 (a world
first?) but encountered problems which will hopefully be transparently
obvious

I did the usual gunzip and tar stuff, and then ran the .py script to
install the python HTTP server as root, and then ran the serve.sh script
under my own account. All of the permissions for ./var were ok. I ran
the kfm "web browser" under KDE (Netscape is not out for mkLinux!!) and
accessed

http://localhost:1234/manage

I cannot remember the actual port number but it was the correct one in
the Zope doco.

I got a "cannot find file, does not exist or permission denied" error.

The permissions were ok as I said, and python was running, etc. In fact,
when I accessed http://localhost:1234 I got a page returned which does
not seem consistent

Any help?

Cheers