[Zope] Message threading on the Pipermail archive site.

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:27:23 -0500

From: The Dragon De Monsyne [mailto:dragondm@delta.integral.org]
> On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Chris Larson wrote:
>
> > This is an aside...
> >
> > Is there some reason that the message threading on the Pipermail
archive
> > doesn't actually thread completely?
> >
> > Is there something that we can do when conversing within a thread to

> > ensure the thread is intact?
> >
> > As it stands, threads tend to be broken into several small
quasi-threads,
> > making it difficult to follow a conversation.
>
> 	Actually, this is a feature. the archiver (which despite the url
> is Mailman's internal archiver) does this to limit excessive
> 'nesting' of
> threads.

Hmm.  I'd certainly prefer it to stack deeper than to arbitrarily break
threads.  It kinds looks like they break when a message lacks a
"references:" header, but not always.

(Another thing i'd like is for the message dates to be include in the
indexes, *at least* in the sort-by-date index.  But i know i won't have
time to add this for a while...)

Ken