[Zope] Variable setting in 'if' for use outside of 'if'

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:14:37 -0400

On 10 Feb 99, at 15:45, Shaw, Howard wrote:

> Is there any means of setting variables other than 'with'?
> As best I can determine, the mechanism for setting variable using 'with'
> provides those values only within the 'with' block.

<!--#call "REQUEST.set('myvariable',1)"-->

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836