[Zope] Zope on the Mac

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:39:15 -0600

At 1:30 AM +0100 2/11/99, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:
>

>> Jimmie Houchin wrote:
<snip>
>> > Problem 2: (This maybe normal, I don't know.)
>> > I also saw this line which looked strange:
>> > Compiling Hard Disk:Applications:Programming:Python
>> > 1.5.1:Zope-1.9.0-src:lib:python:Products:ZGadflyDA:gadfly:sqlsem.py ...
>> > no mem for next token
>> > Sorry: MemoryError:
>>
>> Nice.
>That one is probably easy to solve. As Macs use mostly static
>preallocation of memory, just increase the memory allocation of python.
>Probably dramatically, as mentioned in another post, Zope might easily
>grow to 18MB or so :)

Yes, the easiest to fix.

I just recently upgraded my system software and reinstalled Python from
scratch and didn't remember to bump up my memory. I bumped it up to 30mb,
because that is what it takes to run PySol. Bug somewhere. :(

After upping my memory compiled fine.

What threw me on it was that it compiled everything before and after it
without a problem. I guess that individual script was too large.

>> > Problem 3:
>> > When I attempt to run serve.py I get this error:
>> > Traceback (innermost last):
>> >   File "Hard Disk:Applications:Programming:Python
>> > 1.5.1:Zope-1.9.0-src:lib:python:Globals.py", line 105, in ?
>> >     import Acquisition
>> > ImportError: No module named Acquisition
>You need to compile the Acquisition module.

Working on it.

I created a new project added all of the files. Sometimes one at a time as
I got errors saying can't find Python.h. :)

After getting all of that it compiles fine as a library. I am not sure what
kind of target it is supposed to be. I presume library as it is the only
one which fully compiles without complaining. :)

If it is supposed to be a library two questions.
1. What am I supposed to name it?
2. Where am I supposed to put it?

If not a library, then what?

>> Nice, part 2.
>>
>> > Any ideas, help?
>>
>> Needless to say, someone that knows C on the Mac has to get involved.
>At least someone that knows the C compilation environments on a Mac.

I am willing to do what I can, but it will probably require handholding.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin