[Zope] Zope on the Mac

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:32:43 -0500

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 07:06:19PM -0600, Jimmie and Terri Houchin wrote:
> >Jimmie Houchin wrote:
> >> I have all the tools to do it, CodeWarrior Pro 4, but do not have the
> >> knowledge/skill.
> >
> >Hey, we have neither the tools nor the Mac skill.  :^)
> >
> >Of course, if you'll just put LinuxPPC on that Mac of yours...
>
> Hey! I am working on that. :)
> As soon as I get it installed. I will do a LinuxPPC port. I think it will
> be easier than the Mac port.

Actually, I've been thinking about how to make Python Carbon-based so it
runs on MacOS X (until then it's just not "ready for prime time"), and
which time this hsould be a lot easier :-)

> >Oh come on, MacPython doesn't have os.system?!!
>
> I looked in os.py and there is no system() method.

I'm sure it's sarcasm on Paul's part ;-)  Of course there's no
os.system() function... there's no "command line" to pass it to :-)

Chris