[Zope] Zope on the Mac

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:22:10 -0600

At 11:32 PM -0500 2/10/99, Christopher G. Petrilli wrote:

>> >Hey, we have neither the tools nor the Mac skill.  :^)
>> >
>> >Of course, if you'll just put LinuxPPC on that Mac of yours...
>>
>> Hey! I am working on that. :)
>> As soon as I get it installed. I will do a LinuxPPC port. I think it will
>> be easier than the Mac port.
>
>Actually, I've been thinking about how to make Python Carbon-based so it
>runs on MacOS X (until then it's just not "ready for prime time"), and
>which time this hsould be a lot easier :-)

That would be mega-cool. MacOS X Server would probably be excellent for
Zope. MacOS X is still a ways off. :(
However, it would be nice to have something available for development purposes.

>> >Oh come on, MacPython doesn't have os.system?!!
>>
>> I looked in os.py and there is no system() method.
>
>I'm sure it's sarcasm on Paul's part ;-)  Of course there's no
>os.system() function... there's no "command line" to pass it to :-)

You're right. I imagine he was. :)
I wasn't thinking anyway. Looking at os.py doesn't include all of the
attributes available. Doing dir(os) was what I meant to do. :)

Thanks,

Jimmie Houchin