[Zope] Better Memeory Management Feature Request

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:10:03 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> Also, pardon my naivete on this one, but: RAM is relatively cheap these
But: Often the hardware has a limit, and Linux as such does have one too
at this moment (I believe it's 2GB on x86). Most Super7 motherboards do
have an cacherange of 128MB. etc.

18/128:  14%
18/2048: 0.8%

> days. Even PCs can be considered relatively cheap these days. If,
> to cover the cost of having a 10-12MB process resident in memory, I had
> to pay a $100 startup fee or some such, I would probably do so. After
> paying that fee, though, I would expect to pay the same as any other
> hosting customer.
The problem here is, that you are using a measurable part of the hosting
server (memorywise) compared to the Apache VirtualHost, which doesn't seem
to use measurable amounts of memory per VirtualHost :(

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by