[Zope] Better Memeory Management Feature Request

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:49:48 -0500

Thinking a bit more about this, I guess the problem is
that each virtual interface on the machine; which is the
typical method to do multihosting, must go through its
own RewriteRule thus leading to it's own Zope process.

Perhaps we can solve the problem a bit with ZServer,
maybe different Medusa interfaces could hook into
different branches of the same Zope Module, and all
of those interfaces then funnelling into the same
database.  This is obviously not a rigorous examination.

Paul and I would like to do a rigorous examination of the
memory fluctuations that the zope.org python process goes
through throughout the day.  Paul told the list that it was
21.4 meg this morning (8am) I told the list that it was
19 some meg a couple hours later, a half hour ago it was
at 28(!) meg, and now it's at 31.

So all you Linux fellows out there need to suggest a good way
for us to track this on a regular basis.  We propose a cron
job sniffs the /proc filesystem.  What kind of information do
*you* want to see in this study?  *Scripts welcome*

-Michel