[Zope] ZServer/anonftp and aside: efs, emacs on NT

David Ascher da@ski.org
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:12:06 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

I'm playing around with the latest ZServer & Zope distributions.  I can
ftp into it (cool =) with Netscape and standard ftp. However, if I try to
use the latest dired w/ GNU Emacs 20.3.1 on NT, I can't login, and I
suspect it's because emacs is confusing Medusa when it comes to line
terminations.

I'd try anonymous ftp, but if I try to allow FTP access to Anonymous under
manage/Security/, I get 'Sorry, an error occurred' and:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 865, in publish_module
  File ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 577, in publish
    (Info: manage_changePermissions)
  File d:\Zope\lib\python\AccessControl\Role.py, line 194, in
manage_changePermissions
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File d:\Zope\lib\python\AccessControl\Permission.py, line 166, in
setRoles
AttributeError: manage_findOpt

In fact, I get that error if I try to change any of the permissions!  This
is the latest 1.10 distribution and latest ZServer distribution.

--david