[Zope] DISCUSS: Improving default content

Andy Smith andy.smith@iname.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:46:46 -0500

How about shipping it with a 'frozen' copy of the zope site in a folder
somewhere, with the downloads stripped out? Kind of like the way the
O'Reilly python CD contained a copy of www.python.org. People without good
net access could have a good zope reference, and they could also see how a
nice site has been implemented. (Plus the zope site is content that already
exists, so it'll involve less manpower than otherwise!).

The Zope dowload is already about 4 meg, so unless the DTML for the site is
*huge*, it probably won't bloat the size of the distribution by too big a
percentage.

Also, if you're thinking distribution on CDs, I can't imagine them objecting
to this little bit extra... Redhat for one boasts about the size of the
content on their cds! ;)

Just my two pence worth..!

Cheers,

A.