[Zope] Hiding Products

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:16:06 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Mike Pelletier wrote:

>     I needed to have a container-like Product.  In order to avoid re-inventing
> the wheel, I simply made it Folderish, and went about the meat of the Product.
> There is a companion Product which is contained by the Folderish Product to
> provide content.  I don't particularily want the user/manager to be able to
> create this Product any old place, since it doesn't make sense out of context.
> It's not hard to throw an error, but I would rather the Product simply not
> show up in the list of Addable items in the management system.  Is there a way
> to do this?

Just make an object a sub class of the Folder. Like you did, and then
overide the manage method with some new DTML. I thought I had a sample of
that around here but I can't find it at the moment...

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -