[Zope] ZPublisher guestbook.py

Luciano Ramalho lramalho@zaz.com.br
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:19:17 -0300

At 12:55 15/02/99 -0800, Amos Latteier wrote:
>The trick is to realize the ZPublisher publishes *instances*, not classes.
>It is not enough to define a class, you must create an instance of that
>class, and call the instance.
>
>Notice the last two lines of guestbook.py
>
># Create an instance of a GuestBook
>myGuestBook=GuestBook('My GuestBook', 'guestbookdata.txt')
>
>This is the guestbook instance that you want to publish.
>
>So your URL will look something like this:
>
>http://localhost/cgi-bin/GuestBook.zcgi/myGuestBook

Actually, this points to the myGuestBook instance, which returns the memory
position of the instance, because the GuestBook class does not implement an
'index_html' method. The full URL to start the GuestBook would be:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/GuestBook.zcgi/myGuestBook/guestbookForm

My mistake and your reply were great to clarify the issue. The insight
about publishing *instances* is precious!!!

[]s
Luciano Ramalho

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
>X<  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \