[Zope] more help with externs, please . . .

David Wagle david.a.wagle@healthpartners.com
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:44:54 -0600 (CST)

Ok, I thought I had a handle on this after Amos' message
yesterday . . .but I clearly don't have a clue as to what
is going on.

I have the following external method:

def dwtest(self,REQUEST=None):
    "find out what the hell is going on with REQUEST headers"
    if REQUEST is None and hasattr(self,'REQUEST'):
	REQUEST=self.REQEUEST
        return "REQUEST is None and hasattr(self,'REQUEST')"
    elif REQUEST is None and not hasattr(self,'REQUEST'):
        return "REQUEST is None. Self does not have attr REQUEST"
    elif REQUEST is not None and hasattr(self,'REQUEST'):
        return "REQUEST is not None. self has attr REQUEST"
    elif REQUEST is not None and not hasattr(self,'REQUEST'):
        return "REQUEST is not none. self does not have attr"

If I call it with the URL, I get the expected:

	REQUEST is not None. self has attr REQUEST

If I call it with the DTML <!--#var "dwtest('REQUEST')"--> I get:

	REQUEST is None. Self does not have attr REQUEST"

???

I am missing somethign really fundamental here, and I don't know
what it is.

Help please. ...

daw

A computer without Microsoft products is like
a dog without bricks chained to its head