[Zope] Getting role information

Martijn Pieters mj@atmm.nl
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:45:36 +0100

At 20:05 17-2-99 , you wrote:
>Well, the original worked for me but taking out the _.None made it show up
>for annonymous users as well.

Woops. That's my testing style for you.

>Beats me what is going on here, I just glean the list for things that look
>useful to me and cut and paste, while I wait for a decent DTML reference.
>
>Speaking of which, is there a list of attributes for things anywhere? Like
>where would someone come up with AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role() if not
>swiped from the www.zope.org site? I thought AUTHENTICATED_USER was just
>the name of the user and here it has attributes!

I am playing with the idea of setting up a documentation project. I know
python has this wonderful selfdocumentation feature built right in, but the
Zope Help interface only gives docs on a limited number of objects, and the
sourcecode docs are incomplete.

The documentation should include a DTML reference, an object reference, a
HOWTO section and a tutorial section. Using Zope user folders we can also
include Product documentation, brought to you by the authors themselves.

If someone gives me some space on a Zope server (our company is completely
behind a firewall, and I don't have any external serverspace to do this on
right now), we can work out a structure and fill in all the blanks we have
now. I believe DigiCool mentioned something on their site about hosting
community projects? We can make zope.org the Zope equivalent of Mozilla.org.