[Zope] (Fwd) Zope musings

Tom Jenkins TomJenkins@zentuit.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:27:33 -0500

> You ought to also try HomeSite from Allaire (http://www.allaire.com).  It is
> an HTML editor that really shines in my book.  Not only can do tag-level
> editing (with very helpful help and tag-building dialogs) but if you have
> IE4 installed on the system you can also do WYSIWYG editing.  It can be
> extended in various ways, (new commands, toolbar buttons, code snippets, tag
> creation dialogs, etc.) It can do FTP uploads as well as editing remote
> files as if they were local.
>
> Perhaps building an add-on for HomeSite would be a great answer for the Zope
> IDE question.  Imagine adding a tab to the toolbar labeled "Zope" or "DTML"
> with a collection of buttons for inserting Zopish things into the
> document...
>
> Just my $0.02

Three problems with HomeSite as the Zope IDE that I see:
1) Closed source, proprietary product;
2) Produced by Allaire which also produces Cold Fusion so you're
feeding your competitor ;
3) Only runs on Windows.  Right now the only reason I have to run
Windows is Delphi.  I don't want to add another reason <g>.

Tom Jenkins
DevIS
Linux & Samba 2.0 : The best Windows file server
http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/issue/0,4537,2196106,00.html
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21