[Zope] Zope release numbers 1.9 to 2.1

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:48:05 -0500

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 05:22:04PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Robert OConnor wrote:
>
> > Version 1.9 seems "later" than version 1.10.
>
> I agree that 1.10 made me blink confusedly a couple of times too. I'm
> not advocating necessarily that you go to 2.1, just agreeing that it is
> confusing.

As sad as it is, I have to agree.  I find the 1.10 nomenclature entirely
too much like 1.1 ... I think the human brain is just trained to dump
trailing zeros after a decimal point.

Also, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be called 2.0 with teh new
server, and document overhaul?  That's more than SOME Software companies
put in their 3.5 -> 4.0 upgrade ;-)

Chris