[Zope] Using Zope to generate static HTML

David Brown davidbro@home.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:27:55 -0800

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 12:07:32PM -0800, David Brown wrote:
> I actually DID try to point wget at my Zope site, but it seemed to
> randomly fail on certain pages.  No consistancy either.  Of course, I
> was using ZopeHTTPServer, which might not deal well with the hard-core
> banging that wget does.  Perhaps I should try it again with the Zap
> version of Apache and see if it made a difference.

Well, I tried this, and while wget did successfully suck all the pages
down, Zope adds a pesky little "base href" tag which screws up all the
links.  I suppose I could write some code that walks the tree of files
and fixes that, but it would be even nicer if there was a way to turn
the generation of the <base href="..."> stuff off.

Could this be a feature request?

dave