[Zope] Tabula / Z Tables question

WWW Admin WWW Admin <webman@beehive.de>
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:23:59 +0100 (CET)

hello all,

many of our customers use microsoft access to store all their
relevant company data. it seems tabula is what we need in order
for our customers to publish their access based product directories.
hopefully somebody at digital creations can answer these questions.

i read on this list that tabula would be integrated into zope
anybody know the time frame?

will Z table be a subset of tabula (i.e. not offer the same features)?

our designers need to be able to predefine layouts (create templates)
with the data originating from an access file. ideally the customer
would just drop in a new access database file whenever his prices
or products change without affecting the rest of the website.
any foreseeable problems here (i read that when you delete a tabula
object it erases everything related to it)?

our zope system would most likely be an intel linux based machine
tied to sybase. is tabula availible for linux?

regards,

webman

webman                                          |                        _
beehive GmbH                                    | ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
berlin, Germany                                 |  - against HTML email  X
http://www.beehive.de                           |              & vcards / \