[Zope] Basic questions

julian@zereau.net julian@zereau.net
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:28:25 -0000 (GMT)

On 22-Feb-99 Noel Rappin wrote:
> Second, is there a way to refer to sub-objects if the exact name is not
> known.  For example, let's say I'm trying to write a threaded discussion
> forum.  Each message has a sub-object that is a list of reply posts.  Is
> there a way that I can use a URL to call a method on a specific reply post
> directly, or do I need some kind of proxy object to mediate the call?

You would have to use "direct traversal". For example
\story\id\0898\reply\id\0907 would get a record from the "story" query, fill it
into the class registered for that query's result, call the "reply" query
method, put the result of this into its' specified class, and display the
the index_html method of the resultant object.

At least, that's if I've read the manual right. Any comments?

---
Julian Morrison
Programmer (Zereau Ltd)