[Zope] Preserving Settings during a user's session

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:17:39 -0500

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 11:16:37AM -0500, Mike Pelletier wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Paul Jackson wrote:
>
> > I hope you're not presuming that there is at most one
> > user session, at any given time, per IP addr.  What
> > if there are multiple users working from a given client
> > system -- think Unix or Linux here.
>
>     Not to mention many offices, etc, NAT through a single IP.  Isn't there a
> way to tickle Apache and get it to provide a session ID?

There is an optional module which can do this, but I think I'd rather
see it handled in Zope personally, then it doesn't matter what web
server you use (Medusa, Apache, Netscape, IIS) or even multiple
selections from that set on different machines using the same backend
database to store session data in :-)

Just my 2 cents.

Chris