[Zope] Splitting the Zope mailling

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:23:25 -0500

As several people have pointed out, the traffic on the Zope mailing list
is too heavy for comfort.  We propose dealing with this by splitting off
a separate list, zope-dev@zope.org, for handling developer-specific
issues, leaving the current Zope@zope.org list for user oriented
issues.  To clarify, here are some examples of the way i see the
division of topics:

	zope@zope.org			zope-dev@zope.org
	-------------			-----------------
	installation and operation	dtml coding questions and hints
	content management		using the programmer APIs
	desired user-level features	new and existing architecture design
	business decisions		contributed widgets
	    w.r.t. open source
	public relations in general

These are off the top of my head - and i'm relatively new to the
community, so i'm quite open to suggestions about what belongs where.
Overall question is, does the split make sense in principle?  Please
speak up particularly if you have objections.  Barring substantial
objections, i hope to institute the new list by the end of the week.

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com