[Zope] programming under zope

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:58:08 -0500

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 02:00:10PM +0100, Sebastian Luehnsdorf wrote:
> hi!
>
> i have a few questions concerning programming python under zope:
>
> - i need to write a keyword search engine, but how can i scan the
>   documents in the data.bbb file?

You could easily traverse the object tree following the aquisition path
if you wanted.  You might look at lib/python/SearchIndex for more
information on how to do this, it deals with attributes, but it's nearly
the same I'd suspect.

> - i need to read and write files but my attempts failed - is this a
>   problem with my script or a common situation?

Read and write files HOW?  Via HTTP? From External Methods?

> - i want to store small amounts of information - what is the best approach
>   (a database connection would be overkill)

A couple of options... you can store it directly in an object's
properties perhaps, or in a "TinyTable" or use Gadfly which is a nearly
complete SQL database written in Python that's very fast.

Chris