[Zope] [UNIX INSTALL] ZopeHTTPserver/Zserver questions

Philip Aylesworth phila@regalint.com
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:08:53 -0500

I am very confused. I understand that Zserver is a new and improved server
but ZopeHTTPserver comes with the distribution (including 1.10.2). Also,
threads are off by default (with ZopeHTTPserver).

Should I be using Zserver or is it still beta? What is/will be better about it?

Should I turn on threads with ZopeHTTPserver? I did, and it seems to work
(Redhat Linux 5.2). Is that to allow multiple simultaneous requests?

I also killed my apache and switch ZopeHTTPserver to port 80 so that I
could see it from home through a firewall that I can't open port 9673 on.
Now I can work nights and weekends, too! :) I can't see any reason to keep
apache. My site is internal, low traffic, 90% dynamic. From what I read in
the performance posts I am better off with ZopeHTTPserver, correct?

Thanks,

Phil.

Philip Aylesworth                  Information Systems Manager
phila@regalint.com
PGP public key: http://www.regalint.com/PGPkeys/phila.html